Saturday, June 27, 2009

Are we there yet?




First of all - THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who has donated to limbs4all to date. You guys rock, you guys make a difference!!!


2 more sleeps and we're on the start line to the BC Bikerace, 7 days, from Vancouver to Whistler.

Julie's about to arrive in Vancouver tonight, tomorrow is rego and briefing and drop of gear day.

I'm feeling the nerves, especially about the first day. The race used to start in Victoria, this year it has been moved to Vancouver, more specifically, North Vancouver - the home of freeriding...I checked out a few of the trails that we'll be doing on the first day and they are no good news for me. Lot's of roots, rocks and a lot of - at least for me - rather technical and steep stuff. This will be a challenge for me and I just hope that I and Gaili will stay in one piece.
I guess this is the point where I am so glad that I have Julie with me. She's a good technical rider and at home on those roots and rocks. I fully trust her, so I'll just sit behind her and try and do the magic she does on those trails - and hope it'll work!
Once day one is over I hope I can relax and get into the thing I really enjoy - riding looooong....

On a positive note - yea, the sun is shining!!!! And my sunglass-addiction has been fulled by our sponsor Ryders. I visited Brent Martin at the Factory the other day and got kitted out - 4 new pairs in 10 minutes, wayhooo. Love it, thanks Ryders!

I'll be signing out here for a while now, check www.bcbikerace.com for updates on the race progress!

Thanks big time to our sponsors Ryders, Peak Fuel, Em's Powercookies, R&B Consultants and Paul Westwood from tricoach.co.nz (in case I make it...).

Auf wiedersehen!


No comments:

Post a Comment